Residence Life Advisor (RLA) Selection Timeline for Fall 2020~2021 School Year
- October and November 2019: RLA Interest and Informational Sessions held in various residence halls. See below for date/time/location
- Candidates MUST attend one of the RLA Interest Sessions to receive a link to the online application.
- January 17th, 2020 at 12pm: RLA Application Deadline
- January 22nd, 2020 at 12pm: RLA Reference Deadline - references must be received electronically
- January 31st, 2020: Notification of advancement to RLA interviews
- Candidates who pass the application screening process will be notified through email by to sign up for an RLA interview.
- February 5th ~ 8th, 2020: RLA Interviews
October Informational Sessions date, time, location
- 16th (Wednesday) Kerr Hall and West Hall 10am
- 17th (Thursday) College Inn, 7pm
- 18th (Friday) West Hall, 3pm
- 21st (Monday) Traditions Hall Lobby, 7pm
- 22nd (Tuesday) Crumley Hall, 6pm
- 23rd (Wednesday) Bruce Hall, 3pm; Victory Hall, 5pm
- 24th (Thursday) Rawlins Hall, 3pm
- 25th (Friday) Maple Hall, 11am
- 29th (Tuesday) Clark Hall, 3pm
- 30th (Wednesday) Mozart Hall Lobby, 7pm
November Informational Sessions locations
- 4th (Monday) Victory Hall, 3pm
- 5th (Tuesday) Kerr Hall, 7pm
- 6th (Wednesday) College Inn, 3pm; West Hall, 7pm
- 7th (Thursday) Honors Commons, 3pm
- 11th (Monday) Traditions Hall Lobby, 3pm; Maple Hall, 7pm
- 12th (Tuesday) Bruce Hall, 7pm
- 13th (Wednesday) Crumley Hall, 1pm
- 14th (Thursday) Clark Hall, 7pm; Rawlins Hall, 3pm
RLA Application FAQ
- How do I apply?
- Do I need references?
- What do I need to apply?
- What happens after I apply?
- Can I work at a specific hall?
- How many positions are being filled?
- What are the benefits of being a RLA?
- I didn't get hired for a position. Is there still a chance one will hire me?
- How do I best prepare to be hired?
- My question was not answered.
How do I apply?
To complete a RLA application (for Resident Assistant, Housing Ambassador, or Facility Assistant positions) for the Fall 2020 selection process you must attend one of the informational sessions held in October and November 2020.
Do I need references?
In order for your application to be complete, you will have to provide two primary references. Primary references are Community Directors, professors or instructors, past employers, and church leaders. If you would like to include a reference from a current RLA (Resident Assistant, Housing Ambassador, or Facility Assistant), Residence Hall Association (RHA) Executive, or other Part-time staff member because you believe they will have a lot to say about your candidacy, please have them as your THIRD reference and have your first two be from the primary list.
What do I need to apply?
A complete application includes completing the entire online RLA Application on this website and two (2) references.
What happens after I apply?
After you turn in your completed application, the RLA Selection committee will review your application to make sure you are qualified and have all the necessary paperwork before you continue on to the interview process. You will be notified via email if you passed the application process. If you pass the application process, the RLA Selection committee will email you with times to sign up for an interview.
Can I work at a specific hall?
While you may express interest in a particular hall, if you are selected, you will be placed where needed.
How many positions are being filled?
The number of open RLA positions varies by semester. Some semesters we need many new people to fill positions; sometimes we need only a few. It depends on how many RLAs are graduating or stepping down. We will have a preliminary count of open positions for the upcoming academic year when it is time for interviews to occur, but that number is subject to change.
What are the benefits of being a RLA?
RLAs receive room and meal plan as well as a stipend of approximately $300 per full month worked.
I didn't get hired for a position. Is there still a chance someone will call me?
Yes, there is a possibility you can still be offered a position after the initial RLA recruitment process has ended. Occasionally, after Supervisors/Community Directors hire for all of the anticipated empty positions, another opening can come up for any number of reasons. In this case, Supervisors/CDs may call candidates to offer them a position. As well, you can be placed on an alternate list for selection for the Spring 2021 semester.
How do I best prepare to be hired?
Getting involved in your hall by participating in hall programs, helping out your Hall Association, or taking opportunities to gain leadership experience and involvement in other campus organizations can help prepare you for an RLA position.
My question was not answered.
If your question was not answered, please feel free to e-mail Talent Management at: email@example.com or call (940) 565-4940.