Jump directly to info on this page regarding:
- Getting Ready to Complete your Housing Application
- UNT Housing Application Overview and Walk-through Video
- Assignment Queue applications
- Applying for Commuter Exception to Housing Requirement
Getting Ready to Complete Your Housing Application
The housing application process lives within the eHousing student portal. You will login to eHousing with your EUID and password to apply for upcoming terms as those applications periods become available. You do not have to be admitted to the university before starting an application for housing.
Before you start an application, we suggest the following:
- Take a look at the information about each of the residence halls for a general description of the building, room types offered, and pictures of rooms and floor plans
- Consider one of our Living Learning Communities for an immersive academic and living experience
- Check out meal plan options available through Dining Services
- Consider the rates for both Housing and Dining
- Carefully review the Housing License Agreement to thoroughly understand the commitment that you are making by completing an application to UNT Housing
- Due to the cancelation terms and the binding nature of the License Agreement, we want you to fully understand the agreement you will sign during the application process.
- Note that an application payment is required to complete the application and secure your selected hall and room preference.
UNT Housing Application Overview and Walk-through Video
Check out a quick video that highlights the application process that you'll be completing to secure a room assignment prior to arrival on campus.
You'll complete an application for Housing by doing the following:
- Create an eHousing account
- Select “Apply for Housing” from the menu
- Select the term that you’ll be coming to UNT
- Review and agree to the Housing License Agreement
- Walkthrough the steps of the application to select a residence hall preference, a meal plan preference, and specify a roommate request
- Make the application payment to complete your application and secure the preferences that you specified
Assignment Queue applications
To best serve students that still need to complete a Housing application, Housing will utilize an Assignment Queue (AQ) application process at the point in the application period that hall/room-type preference selection is limited due to high volume of already submitted applications. At that point, students applying for Housing are automatically directed to the Assignment Queue.
The Assignment Queue allows students to complete a housing application without making a hall/room-type selection. Doing so will establish a position on the AQ based on the date and time the application is completed by making the application payment.
Student are assigned from the Assignment Queue to remaining available space within Housing based upon the order in which they completed an AQ application.
To accommodate the first year UNT residency requirement, freshmen on the AQ will receive priority assignment in freshman residence halls. Upperclassmen and returning students will be assigned to remaining available space in upperclassmen halls and then freshman buildings as space is determined to be available to do so.
Applying for Commuter Exception to Housing Requirement
There is an exception to the first-year housing requirement policy for commuter students that can be found here: UNT Policy 07.008. If you intend to commute as a first year student, we require you to submit completed paperwork for verifcation of exemption from the first-year live-on requirement. It is recommended that you review the information about properly completing the commuter exemption process.