Semester Move-Out Dates
Spring 2023 Move-Out
The residence halls close for the Spring 2023 semester at 5 PM on Friday, May 12th. Residents are expected be checked out of their room by an RA by that time, unless otherwise approved for extension by Housing. It is expected that that students complete their check-out no more than 24 hours after their last final exam.
Residents are asked to provide their planned move-out date through the eHousing portal, using the “Sign up for Move-Out” link. Additional move-out information and Check-Out Time signup will be provided by RAs and residence hall staff leading up to the end of the semester.
Actions to complete a check-out include:
- signing up for a check-out time with a staff member at least 24 hours in advance - see posted schedule of availability
- packing and removing all personal items from the room
- completing room cleaning and bathroom cleaning tasks
- being present for the check-out to sign the room inventory sheet
- returning the room key/card
With UNT Commencement on Friday (5/12) and Saturday (5/13), residents are encouraged to complete their check-out prior to those dates as they are able to avoid campus traffic congestion.