Jump directly to info on this page regarding:
- Semester Move-In Dates
- Move-in Essentials (suggested packing list)
- Internet Connectivity and Support Info
Semester Move-In Dates
Fall semester move-in
Mean Green Move-In is the annual event that marks the opening of the residence halls for the fall semester. The residence halls open for the fall semester at 8 AM on the Friday ten days prior to the first day of classes.
August 13th, 2021 is the start of Mean Green Move-In for the Fall 2021 semester.
To provide ease of access and reduce traffic congestion, you will be able to sign up for your arrival date and time through the eHousing Move-in Sign Up. We urge you to plan to arrive at your assigned time.
As Mean Green Move-In approaches and the Move-in Sign Up become available, you'll find more information in the the News and Announcments section on the Housing homepage
Spring semester move-in
Housing welcomes residents back from the winter break at 8 AM on the Wednesday prior to the first day of classes.
January 12, 2022 is the move-in date for all new and returning students for the Spring 2022 semester.
Summer term move-ins
The summer school residence halls open at 10 AM on the Saturday prior to the first day of classes for each of the summer school terms.
May 1, 2021 for May-mester Move-In
May 29, 2021 for Summer 1 Move-In
July 3, 2021 for Summer 2 Move-In
MOVE IN ESSENTIALS:
You may not need everything on this list, but please look over it and use it as a helpful guideline.
UNT Student ID
Textbooks (check your My UNT to find out which ones you need!)
Computer/laptop/tablet Flash drive(s)
Bike and bike lock
Reusable water bottle
FOR YOUR ROOM:
Mattress pad, mattress protector Bedding for Twin XL (sheets, pillows, pillowcases, blankets)
Bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths
Clothes hangers Laundry hamper
Cleaning supplies for use in your room
- Toiletries Shower caddy
- Desk lamp
- Alarm clock
- Mini fridge*
- Small appliances (microwave, coffee pot)*
- Power strip with surge protector*
- Decorations (please use removable adhesives such as Command products)*
- Toilet paper and paper towels
KEEP IN MIND:
- Contact your roommate to avoid duplicate items.
- If you are traveling a far distance, consider purchasing some items after you arrive in Denton.
- If you plan on visiting home throughout the year, consider packing seasonal items and switching them out as needed.
- Students have printing credit available to use with printers located across campus.
- Laundry machines are free to use in all of the residence halls on campus.
- Candles/Wax Warmers
- Extension cords or power strips without surge protectors
- *Lamps (halogen lamps, string lights that are not LED and battery operated)
- *Appliances with exposed heating elements (toaster, hot plate, camping stoves)
- *Explosives/flammable items
*Please refer to the housing handbook for more details
Internet Connectivity and Support Info
UNT Housing partners with Apogee to provide internet service within the residence halls.
Use the APOGEE CONNECTIVITY and SUPPORT GUIDE for getting your devices set up on RESNET.
NEED SOME RESNET HELP?
If you need any help registering or connecting your devices, a support representative is available 24 hours a day to assist you.