Summer term move-ins
The summer school residence halls open at 10 AM on the Saturday prior to the first day of classes for each of the summer school terms.
May 9, 2020 for May-mester Move-In
May 30, 2020 for Summer 1 Move-In
July 4, 2030 for Summer 2 Move-In
Fall semester move-in
Mean Green Move-In Weekend is the annual event that marks the opening of the residence halls for the fall semester. The residence halls open for the fall semester at 8 AM on the Saturday nine days prior to the first day of classes.
August 15th, 2020 is the start of Mean Green Move-In Weekend for the Fall 2020 semester.
In order to provide ease of access and reduce traffic congestion, you will receive an email inviting you to arrive at a designated time on either August 15th or 16th. We urge you to plan to arrive at your assigned time.
For Mean Green Move-In Weekend, the UNT campus community comes together to provide volunteer assistance to residents and their families as they make the transition to living on campus. Student organizations, staff, faculty, administrators and members of the Denton Community are on hand to help facilitate a speedy move-in to all of the residence halls.
Spring semester move-in
Housing welcomes residents back from the winter break at 2 PM on the Wednesday prior to the first day of classes.
January 6, 2021 is the move-in date for all new and returning students for the Spring 2021 semester.
MOVE IN ESSENTIALS:
You may not need everything on this list, but please look over it and use it as a helpful guideline.
UNT Student ID
Textbooks (check your My UNT to find out which ones you need!)
Computer/laptop/tablet Flash drive(s)
Bike and bike lock
Reusable water bottle
FOR YOUR ROOM:
Mattress pad, mattress protector Bedding for Twin XL (sheets, pillows, pillowcases, blankets)
Bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths
Clothes hangers Laundry hamper
- Toiletries Shower caddy
- Desk lamp
- Alarm clock
- Mini fridge*
- Small appliances (microwave, coffee pot)*
- Power strip with surge protector*
- Decorations (please use removable adhesives such as Command products)*
- Toilet paper and paper towels
KEEP IN MIND:
- Contact your roommate to avoid duplicate items.
- If you are traveling a far distance, consider purchasing some items after you arrive in Denton.
- If you plan on visiting home throughout the year, consider packing seasonal items and switching them out as needed.
- Students have printing credit available to use with printers located across campus.
- Laundry machines are free to use in all of the residence halls on campus.
- Candles/Wax Warmers
- Extension cords or power strips without surge protectors
- *Lamps (halogen lamps, string lights that are not LED and battery operated)
- *Appliances with exposed heating elements (toaster, hot plate, camping stoves)
- *Explosives/flammable items
*Please refer to the housing handbook for more details