Night Desk Clerk Position Summary
The Administrative Specialist I functions as the Night Desk Clerk in an on-campus residence hall. This position maintains and implements the residence hall operations by providing service to students and staff with an emphasis on security due to the night hours of the position. This position is under the supervision of the Hall Director.
The Night Desk Clerk job responsibilities include the following:
- Maintains vigilant awareness of activities and individuals in the residence hall and follows up on any misconduct or unusual activity
- Provides customer service to residents, staff, and guests
- Accurately documents the use of equipment and keys
- Reports unusual hall incidents on proper forms
- Keeps emergency information updated
- Serves as a resource for residents and guests; explains Housing and UNT policies
A successful candidate communicates effectively orally and in writing and exhibits customer service-oriented behaviors. The candidate will need to work independently, exercise initiative and must be able to multitask and work with frequent interruptions, as well as working throughout the night without adverse physical effects. The successful candidate will also have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and navigating web-based systems.
Graduation from High School or GED equivalent and one year of general office or clerical experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- ability to work without close supervision
- knowledge of general office procedures and practices
- some knowledge of University policies and procedures related to the area of assignment
- ability to keep records; to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats
- ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- skill in making mathematical calculations and computations
- knowledge of safe working procedures related to work performed
Midnight to 8 am, Monday through Friday
When an opening becomes available, a Night Desk Clerk position will be posted as an Administrative Specialist I on UNT’s Employment website at jobs.unt.edu. Applicants must complete the online application and provide a cover letter and resume.