Area Desk Coordinator Position Summary
The Administrative Specialist functions as an Area Desk Coordinator and ensures the implementation of consistent desk operations to meet the needs of residents and guests at all on-campus housing front desks through:
- Supervision of assigned student staff
- Coordination of front desk staffing in an area of residence halls on campus
- Communicating regularly and collaboratively with departmental and campus partners
- Ensuring consistent application of customer service standards by student staff
- Maintaining proper record-keeping and documentation
The Area Desk Coordinator job responsibilities include the following:
- Supervision – Maintains scheduling of student staff at front desks in their area; provides necessary coverage during business hours if needed. Directly responsible for time approval of assigned student staff. Coordinates with supervisor for selection, training, and evaluation of student staff. Administers regular feedback to supervisees, appropriately confronts and documents personnel problems. Coordinates regular 1-on-1 and group meetings.
- Coordinating residence hall desk operations – Coordinates residence hall front desk administrative processes and procedures. Communicates regularly with appropriate staff. Maintains appropriate confidentiality in student and staff matters. Maintains inventory of office supplies to support desk functions.
- Delivering customer service – Ensures the implementation of customer service standards set by the department to provide welcoming and inclusive residential environments. Stays knowledgeable of departmental and University practices, programs, and services to meet student needs.
- Administrative support – Collaborates with residence hall staff (including community directors and lead custodians), peers (including desk coordinators and assignment coordinators), and other departmental and campus partners to meet the needs of residents in a smooth and responsive manner by ensuring the effective operation of the front desks. Participates in departmental projects and committees as assigned.
When an opening becomes available, an Area Desk Coordinator position will be posted as an Administrative Specialist II on UNT’s Employment website at jobs.untsystem.edu. Applicants must complete the online application and provide a cover letter and resume.