Located on the corner of Chestnut Street and Avenue C, Bruce is arguably the most character-rich hall within Housing. A “standard level” priced hall that houses residents of all classifications and majors, the only thing traditional about Bruce is its architecture. Built in 1946, Bruce is the oldest residence hall on-campus and boasts a history that includes a handful of famous ex-residents, such as Norah Jones and Don Henley.
Why we love this hall!
- Double occupancy rooms with community bath
- Twelve climate and sound controlled music practice rooms
- Concert hall for performances and events
- Ping pong and pool tables
- Wireless internet available building-wide (including courtyard)
- TV lounge and kitchenette for public use
- Laundry facilities
- Courtyard with BBQ grills
- Ceiling fans in resident rooms
- Individually controlled heat/air conditioning
- On-site cafeteria - Bruce Cafeteria
Room Floor Plan