Getting Ready to Complete Your Housing Application
The housing application process lives within the eHousing student portal. You will login to eHousing with your EUID and password to apply for upcoming terms as those applications periods become available. You do not have to be admitted to the university before starting an application for housing.
Before you start an application, we suggest the following:
- Take a look at the information about each of the residence halls for a general description of the building, room types offered, and pictures of rooms and floor plans
- Consider one of our Living Learning Communities for an immersive academic and living experience
- Check out meal plan options available through Dining Services
- Consider the rates for both Housing and Dining
- Carefully review the Housing License Agreement to thoroughly understand the commitment that you are making by completing an application to UNT Housing
- Due to the cancelation terms and the binding nature of the License Agreement, we want you to fully understand the agreement you will sign during the application process.
- Note that an application payment is required to complete the application and secure your selected hall and room preference.
Taking time to understand this information prior to starting your application will help you make the best decision for your future.
UNT Housing Application Overview and Walk-through Video
Check out a quick video that highlights the application process that you'll be completing to secure a room assignment prior to arrival on campus.
You'll complete an application for Housing by doing the following:
- Create an eHousing account
- Select “Apply for Housing” from the menu
- Select the term that you’ll be coming to UNT
- Review and agree to the Housing License Agreement
- Walkthrough the steps of the application to select a residence hall preference, a meal plan preference, and specify a roommate request
- Make the application payment to complete your application and secure the preferences that you specified
Applying for Commuter Exception to Housing Requirement
There is an exception to the first-year housing requirement policy for commuter students that can be found here: UNT Policy 07.008. If you intend to commute as a first year student, we require you to submit completed paperwork for verifcation of exemption from the first-year live-on requirement. It is recommended that you review the information about properly completing the commuter exemption process.