Fall 2023/Spring 2024 Housing Application Info
Jump directly to info on this page regarding:
- Important dates for the Fall 2023/Spring 2024 Housing Application
- New first-year UNT student housing applications
- Preparation for Returning and Transfer students and limited availability for Fall 2023/Spring 2024
- Fall 2023 Housing Profile and Roommate Search
Important dates for the Fall 2023/Spring 2024 Housing Application
Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Housing Profile and Roommate Matching opens
Wednesday, January 18, 2023
Housing application opens for New UNT students (spring 2023 high school graduates) to make a hall/room type selection
Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Housing application opens for Returning and Transfer UNT students to join the upperclassmen waitlist
Wednesday, February 9, 2023
Roommate Group selection process starts for New UNT students with a completed application
Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Last day to form a Roommate Group
Thursday, June 1, 2023
Priority room selection ends for first-time in college applications
Freshman room assignments completed for completed applications. Email communication sent to students upon assignment
Mid-June - start of Fall
assignment of AQ applications and upperclassmen Waitlist applications
New first-year UNT students Fall 2023/Spring 2024 housing application process
UNT’s first-time in college on-campus housing requirement allows students the opportunity to engage with the campus in many important ways.
Priority for first-time in college student housing assignments will be given to those who have been accepted to the University and have completed a housing application prior to June 1, 2023.
Important information to consider prior to the Fall 2023/Spring 2024 housing application opening:
- Take a look at the information about each of the residence halls for a general description of the building, room types offered, and pictures of rooms and floor plans
- Check out meal plan options available through Dining Services
- Consider the rates for both Housing and Dining
- Carefully review the Housing License Agreement to thoroughly understand the commitment that you are making by completing an application to UNT Housing
- Due to the cancelation terms and the binding nature of the License Agreement, we want you to fully understand the agreement you will sign during the application process.
- Note that an application payment is required to complete the application and secure your selected hall and room preference.
First year students that would like to request an exemption to this policy should visit the Commuter Exemption information.
Preparation for Returning and new Transfer students - limited availability for Fall 2023/Spring 2024
For more than 40 years, UNT policy has required on-campus residency for first-year students to allow new students to engage with UNT in many important ways. UNT is not changing policy regarding the housing of upperclassmen on campus for the Fall 2023/Spring 2024 application period but bed space allocation decisions will be made to meet the expected freshmen demands for the coming academic year.
As UNT is anticipating further growth of the Fall 2023 freshman class, Housing will allocate adequate bed space to meet the expected number of students subject to the first-year student residency requirement. The increased demand for freshmen space will result in a corresponding decrease of the total number of beds available for upperclassmen on campus.
Recognizing that limited availability of upperclassman space creates a possible challenge for our current residents in the coming year, UNT will offer numerous resources and opportunities in the coming months to help students navigate through the exploration of off-campus housing options.
Resources that UNT Housing & Residence Life will be referring students to include:
- UNT Off-campus Student Services
- Off-Campus Housing Source - comprehensive search features for the Denton off-campus housing market
- Fall Housing Fair event on October 19, 2022
- Use of eHousing RoomMate Matching to find someone seeking an off-campus roommate
- Spring Housing Fair event
- Program series hosted in the residence halls during Spring 2023 for off-campus housing education
- Connections to UNT offices that provide services regularly utilized by off-campus students
Upperclassmen that create a Fall 2023/Spring 2024 application profile will have the opportunity to utilize eHousing RoomMate Matching to identify roommate possibilities. Upperclassmen that find a roommate match should consider that off-campus housing options may be the best opportunity to coordinate a housing solution that allows for roommates to live together.
Fall 2023 Housing Profile and RoomMate Matching open as of 10.12.22
The first step to living on campus for the Fall 2023/Spring 2024 became available at 9 AM on Wednesday, October 2022.
Logging in to eHousing, clicking the "Apply for Housing" link, and selecting the Fall 2023/Spring 2024 Application will take students through a brief process to activate a Fall 2023 Housing application profile.
The active Fall 2023 application profile gives immediate access to use eHousing RoomMate Matching through Roommate Features and begin a roommate search for the coming year.