Come back to Housing!
The housing application for the 2019-2020 school year opens January 16, 2019 around 9:00 AM. That will be the first opportunity for returning students to apply for upperclassmen Housing options! Whether you have enjoyed your Housing experience as a freshman and are looking to come back, have lived in the halls for a few years and want to continue to appreciate the convenience of on-campus living, or are an incoming transfer student and want to immerse yourself in the UNT community, the time to make your arrangement to live with us next year is just around the corner.
UNT Housing’s upperclassmen exclusive halls include:
- The College Inn, which offers the independence of apartment-style living with the accessibility of on-campus living. College Inn is the only residence hall with a swimming pool, and boasts multiple study rooms for studious focus.
- Honors Hall houses our upperclassmen who are in the Honors College. The Honors community centers around academics and is designed to help you succeed in your upper-level Honors courses.
- Legends Hall, within close walking distance of the Pohl Recreation Center and Chestnut Hall (which houses our Career Center, Health and Wellness Center, and Counseling and Testing Services), and with single occupancy suites and private single occupancy living options. The Legends community is engaged when it wants to be, quiet when it needs to be, and is one of our newest residence halls.
- Mozart Square’s double occupancy and private single occupancy suites are spacious and recently renovated. They allow you the room to spread out and study, while the lobby is newly refurbished with games and entertainment options to let you feel like you’ve walked into your own living room.
- Santa Fe Square is for the truly independent student and the budding chef in all of us. Each room in Santa Fe comes with a two-burner cooktop, individual climate control options, and a quiet, comfortable atmosphere.
- Traditions Hall almost exclusively offers single occupancy suites that provide the right amount of space for individual living with a wing/floor atmosphere that isn't too much of a departure from a more traditional residence hall feel.
Once the application process is available, current UNT students and incoming transfer students will be able to reserve a bed space in one of the residence halls by completing the application and making the Housing application payment.
Because UNT requires first year students to live on campus, it is important to understand that space for upperclassmen residents is capped. That means that, as an upperclassman, your best opportunity to get an application complete with a hall/room preference of your choosing is to apply early.
If you need more information or a tour of one of the upperclassman halls, contact us at Housing.Information@unt.edu, call us at 940-565-2610 or come by Crumley Hall for a tour.