Assignment Queue in place for all 2021/2022 Housing applications
To best serve students that still need to complete a Housing application for the 2021 – 2022 academic year, we will transition Housing application to an Assignment Queue (AQ) for all students as of Monday, May 24th. On that date, any incomplete applications will be purged from the system to allow a fresh start within the AQ process. Notification will be sent to students whose application is deleted in the transtion.
Housing is not full for Fall 2021/Spring 2022.
Freshmen are still held to the first-year residency requirement unless they submit and are approved through the Commuter Exemption process. The activation of the Assignment Queue for Freshman students does not allow for off-campus housing arrangements other than those specified in the commuter exemption criteria.
To complete an Assignment Queue application, login to eHousing, Apply for Housing for Fall 2021/Spring 2022 and you will be directed to the Fall 2021 Assignment Queue. The Assignment Queue allows for completion of the housing application without making a hall/room type selection. Doing so will establish a position on the AQ based on the date/time of the application payment being made.
I’m interested in living on campus but what exactly is the Assignment Queue?
At the point it is activated, the Assignment Queue will be the opportunity for students that had not yet completed an application with a hall and room-type preference to put themselves on the list for possible assignment in to remaining spaces. By completing the application and making their housing pre-payment (and application fee as applicable), you will be placed on the Assignment Queue and will be assigned during the summer as we have space to do so.
Some important things to note about the AQ:
- The AQ application does not allow you to specify a hall or room type preference.
- At the point you reach the top of the AQ, you will be assigned to the next space that is available for use.
- The AQ application requires full payment of the pre-payment and housing application fee in order to take your spot in line on the actual AQ.
- You won’t be assigned a number on the AQ until you make the payment to complete your application
- Students can review their position and progress on the AQ through the Assignment Queue Status link in eHousing.
- Once you complete the application, you will be able to find out where you fall in line on the AQ.
- Students that want to cancel an AQ application must contact Housing to do so.
- If you decide to secure off-campus housing, it is your responsibility to contact UNT Housing to cancel your AQ application and avoid assignment to a room assigned. Housing will discuss the refund process individually with students that wish to cancel from the AQ.
To accommodate the first year UNT residency requirement, freshmen on the AQ will receive priority assignment in the freshman residence halls. Upperclassmen and returning students will be assigned to remaining available space in upperclassmen halls and then freshman buildings as space is determined to be available to do so.