Assignment Queue for 20/21 returning and transfer student applications is available
As of Thursday, February 27th, UNT Housing has transitioned to an Assignment Queue for returning and transfer upperclassman student housing applications.
On that date, any incomplete returning upperclassmen applications were purged from the system to allow a fresh start within the AQ process. Notification were sent to students whose application was deleted.
To complete an Assignment Queue application, login to eHousing, Apply for Housing for Fall 2020/Spring 2021 and you will be directed to the Fall 2020 Assignment Queue. The Assignment Queue allows you to complete a housing application without making a hall/room type selection. Doing so will establish a position on the AQ based on the date and time that you complete the process with an application payment.
I’m interested in living on campus but what exactly is the Assignment Queue?
At the point it is activated, the Assignment Queue will be the opportunity for students that had not yet completed an application with a hall and room-type preference to put themselves on the list for possible assignment in to remaining spaces. By completing the application and making their housing pre-payment (and application fee as applicable), you will be placed on the Assignment Queue and will be assigned during the summer as we have space to do so.
Some important things to note about the AQ:
- The AQ application does not allow you to specify a hall or room type preference.
- At the point you reach the top of the AQ, you will be assigned to the next space that is available for use.
- The AQ application requires full payment of the pre-payment and housing application fee in order to take your spot in line on the actual AQ.
- You won’t be assigned a number on the AQ until you make the payment to complete your application
- Students can review their position and progress on the AQ through the Assignment Queue Status link in eHousing.
- Once you complete the application, you will be able to find out where you fall in line on the AQ.
- Students that want to cancel an AQ application must contact Housing to do so.
- If you decide to secure off-campus housing, it is your responsibility to contact UNT Housing to cancel your AQ application and avoid assignment to a room assigned. Housing will discuss the refund process individually with students that wish to cancel from the AQ.
While we hope to be able to accommodate everyone, there is a possibility that not all returning and transfer students that complete an AQ application will be able to be assigned to Housing for the coming year.