Assignment Queue for 19/20 returning upperclassmen applications is OPEN!
Housing has reached its projected cap for returning upperclassmen Housing applications for the 2019 -2020 academic year. As of Tuesday, March 26th, UNT Housing has transitioned to an Assignment Queue for returning upperclassman student housing applications.
Any incomplete upperclassmen applications have been purged from the system to allow a fresh start within the AQ process. Notification has been sent to students whose application was deleted.
To complete an Assignment Queue application, login to eHousing, Apply for Housing for Fall 2019/Spring 2020 and you will be directed to the Fall 2019 Assignment Queue. The Assignment Queue allows you to complete a housing application without making a hall/room type selection. Doing so will establish a position on the Queue based on the date and time that you complete the process with an application payment.
I’m interested in living on campus but what exactly is the Assignment Queue?
The Assignment Queue provides the opportunity for students that had not yet completed an application with a hall and room-type preference to put themselves on the list for possible assignment in to remaining spaces. By completing the application and making their housing pre-payment (and application fee as applicable), you will be placed on the Assignment Queue and will be assigned during the summer as we identify available space to do so.
Some important things to note about the AQ:
- The AQ application does not allow you to specify a hall, room type or roommate preference.
- During the application process, you'll be able to indicate your willingness to accept a room assignment in a single occupancy room type and the associated increased costs that come with those room types.
- At the point you reach the top of the AQ, you will be assigned to the next space that is available for use.
- The AQ application requires full payment of the pre-payment and housing application fee in order to take your spot in line on the actual AQ.
- You won’t be assigned a number on the AQ until you make the payment to complete your application
- Students can review their position and progress on the AQ through the Assignment Queue Status link in eHousing.
- Once you complete the application, you will be able to find out where you fall in line on the AQ.
- At the point you reach the top of the AQ, you'll be assigned to the space that is available for use.
- There are a finite number of spaces in housing and it is possible that not every student that completes an AQ application will be assigned to a room.
- Students that want to cancel an AQ application must contact Housing to do so.
- If you decide to secure off-campus housing, it is your responsibility to contact UNT Housing to cancel your AQ application and avoid assignment to a room assigned. Housing will discuss the refund process individually with students that wish to cancel from the AQ.
While we hope to be able to accommodate everyone, there is a possibility that not all of the returning and upperclassmen students that complete an AQ application will be able to be assigned to Housing for the coming year. With that being a possibility, exploring other off-campus housing options may be in your best interest to avoid being without living arrangements in August.
We'll do our best to keep AQ students up to date on the progress of room assignments. If you have questions, concerns, or need clarification on the Assignment Queue, please contact us by phone at 940-565-2610 or email - firstname.lastname@example.org.