UNT CAN (Collaborative Action for the Neurodiverse) cohort housing provides an opportunity for students who self-advocate as being neurodivergent to participate in a peer-based program focused on delivering individualized, wrap-around services within the residence hall.
UNT CAN cohort members can expect to:
- Be partnered with a peer mentor
- Have the opportunity to attend group counseling sessions within the residence halls that provide support from a professional counselor from UNT Counseling and Testing Services (CTS).
- Identify and develop meaningful interpersonal skills and cultivate career skills through individualized, skill-strengthening programs
- Advance educational career in a conducive, supportive, and tailored learning environment.
The UNT CAN cohort is an interdisciplinary, collaborative program supported by:
- Department of Behavior Analysis
- Office of Disability Access (ODA)
- UNT WELL
- UNT ENGAGE
- Counseling and Testing Services
- Speech and Hearing Clinic
- Department of Housing and Residence Life
For more information about UNT CAN, contact us by email at via our UNT CAN email.