Faculty Advisor: Dr. Wendy Watson
Join this academic community to kick-start a future in law school. Participants will identify the skills for a career in the law, determine whether such a career is the right choice, and create a support system of faculty and students who understand the pressure to achieve in anticipation of law school applications. All community residents are required to enroll in UCRS 1100: Applications of Learning Foundations during fall 2017.
Engagement opportunities include:
- Visiting courthouses and law schools
- Observing mock law school classes
- Attending dinners hosted by law school admissions staff
- Participating in the UNT Amici Pre-Law Mentoring program, a four-year program that includes for-credit LSAT preparation, mentoring, leadership training, and professional skills development
The Pre-Law Living Learning Community is housed in Rawlins Hall for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Required Texts for Pre-Law LLC:
- Linder, Douglas O, and Levit, Nancy. “The Happy Lawyer: Making a Good Life in the Law” (Oxford University Press: 2010).
- Linder, Douglas O., and Levit, Nancy. “The Good Lawyer: Seeking Quality in the Practice of Law” (Oxford University Press: 2014).